Calling all Show Scene Extraordinaires
Calling all Eager and Happy to Lend a Hand!
Whichever of the above you may be, your consideration of lending your time and services at the 38th annual Cornhusker Classic is both requested and terrifically appreciated!
The show is fast upon us—specifically the dates of Friday, May 29th – Sunday, May 31st at the Lancaster Event Center in Lincoln. And just as the 37 previous shows found success namely due to the gracious and generous efforts of volunteers, so is to be the case with this show.
As the volunteer coordinator for this year's show I am writing to you to inquire about your willingness to assist us at this year’s great event?
If the answer to that question for you is a no-brainer, resounding yes, then bless you! Grand! And yay!
If you need to do some licking and chewing on the matter first, here are a few points of consideration:
10 Great Reasons to Volunteer at the 38th Annual Cornhusker Classic:
- Because you can earn your NDA Volunteer Hours
(These are needed to be able to qualify for year end awards — aka super cool ribbons and trophies)
(If you are not riding for year end awards, than your volunteer hours may be donated to an NDA member of your choice. How cool is that?!)
- Because it is a fabulous way to familiarize yourself with the ins and outs of the show scene, whether this is to be one of your first exposures to a show or just your first exposure to a rated, level III (USDF/USEF sanctioned) show.
- Because we CAN NOT do it without you! The show must go on and you can have the satisfaction of knowing you were an integral and important part in making that happen!
- Because if you volunteer 8 or more hours over the course of the show you will receive a nifty VOLUNTEER t-shirt — for keeps! (that is the word on the street at this point anyway!)
- Because there will be horses there!
- Because there will be lots of horses there!
- Because there will be lots of horses of lots of different breeds there!
- Because there will be horse friends there, some old and some new you get to meet!
- Because your horse called and said they could use a day off!
- And lastly, because what else were you going to do with a free weekend anyway — non-horsey things? Nah!
Myself and the amazing crew of people that have already poured so much into this show, thank you in advance, for your consideration and all the more so for your willingness to help!
- View volunteer position descriptions here.
- View needed volunteer day and time slots here. (Note: Various positions may be accessed along bottom tabs. Times listed are approximate until all show entries are in. Exact times to be shared as soon as ride times are confirmed.)
- Contact Emily at email@example.com as soon as possible (please!) to indicate which position you are interested in as well as day and time availability. I will then get you entered on the spreadsheet accordingly.
There is pretty much nothing left to say other than this . . .
NDA Board Member and
2015 Cornhusker Classic Volunteer Coordinator