Still Waters Equestrian Academy has generously offered to host the September 20 show so we will relocate to their beautiful facility for this year. Still Waters is located at 18221 S. 68th St. in Hickman. This gift will help NDA replenish its bank account to some degree, after being unable to hold the Cornhusker Classic this year.
The only significant change is there is a very limited number of stalls available for overnight. We will try to schedule so anyone coming from outside Lincoln is accommodated with a later ride time. The competition ring is outdoors with an indoor warmup ring. The indoor ring could be used for the show in the event of bad weather.
I previously sent out a list of qualified riders. Remember, there are also Open classes for which you need not have qualified. The show will be judged by Becky O’Bea who is well-regarded in both classical and western dressage.
So, what is changed?
- The location: now at Still Waters, not the Event Center.
- Stabling: there is less of it but hopefully not needed!
- No need to include the LEC waiver with your entry or have your temperature taken upon arrival.
What is the same?
- It is still the show described in the prize list, championship and open classes.
- You still need to wear a mask unless you are mounted.
- The same great judge and awesome volunteers (you can be one, too!).
Please join us for a great day with friends and horses!
Laureen Van Norman
SSC Show Manager